I need to lose a little weight before going in to labor?

I and 5feet 9 inches and weight is 260 with this baby I have not gained or lost a pound. I just had a baby about a year ago. my doctor says I fine I don't feel fine

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's WAY to late to try and loose weight BEFORE you go into labor. You couldnt possibly loose enough to make any difference in your labor now without hurting the baby. Please do not risk your baby's health by trying to loose weight now. Commit to getting healthy after the baby is born.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• So, are you saying you are pregnant again or are you referring to your first child? If you are pregnant now how far along are you?
    If you are in the late stages of pregnancy there isn't much you can do. It's not wise to do any drastic changes that close. If you are early in pregnancy you can start walking, and other low impact physical activites. Watching starches, eating more leafy green vegetables, etc. Weight Watchers Points system is great. It's all normal food and nothing too strenuous.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have been doing a little excerise and eating a lot of healthy foods. I feel a little better when ur taking meds for depression and dealing with an unruly teenage daughter then the weight for the first baby never left. It leaves me feeling a little sorry for my self at times. guess ur right my doc says I doing fine and to kepping going forward not to worry I won't gain any more I pray that I don't.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• @Musicmom no this is the six baby i had number five about a year ago. Also found out I had cyst on my overies and will have them remove after this baby.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Cysts usually rupture on their own unless you have a condition. THey may clear up after you have your baby. Every woman gets cysts. Mine get removed because they are the size of grapes..bigger than my ovary.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• if you breastfeed, you'll lose a lot of weight after your pregnancy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• breastfeeding also keeps cysts from forming...
    samurai_chica

• @samurai chica I breast feed every child that I have. This time the weight did not go any where it might be my age. I don't know at this point. I know for sur this will be on the breast as was all of the rest five in total and six on the way. Yes I agree with you breast feeding is the best.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• @musicmom80 I have very large ones so I am praying that they get removed this time around. My doc informed me that this also keeps weight on many woman. I know they have been bursting while I am carrying. but the pain ohh the pain
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Ovarian cysts are DEFINITELY painful! I'm sorry you're having to go through that. Breastfeeding doesn't make everyone lose weight (as you know). I gained 30 lbs breastfeeding, because I was RAVENOUSLY hungry (I wouldn't change my breastfeeding, though!). I am over 200 lbs too, and I got up to 244 during my pregnancy, a net gain of about 12 lbs. It's not safe to try to lose weight during pregnancy, but keep maintaining, and that will give you a head start. My OB told me to try to keep my weight steady during my pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011