When pesticides be come dangrous?

My doctor gave me a list of things not to use while I am carring baby number six. I notice that when I don't use these things my heart does not give me problems. Wondering if any one is having the same problem.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• pesticides and chemicals in cleaners, food and other products in our daily life can be the cause of many of the health problems and huge increases in many sicknesses and diseases. When I got rid of all cleaners and laundry detergent in our house and made my own without chemicals my allergies drastically got better, as did my sons. Our skin is clearer, we breath better, our hair looks better.

I make our own lotion, shampoo, household cleaner, laundry detergent, deodorant, everything I can. I stopped using teflon coated pans, plastics that leech chemicals into our food, and try to use organic foods as much as possible. Even can goods are dangerous. You know how all baby products tout "BPA free" well ALL cans (except from a few organics such as Eden Foods) are coated on the inside with BPA. So we buy that can of green beans and feed it to our kids not realizing we are giving them what we've always been told not to
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• cont....changing the foods we ate showed a dramatic difference too, my son who had problems in school and was going thru the process of being diagnosed with ADHD now does great in school, my husband and I lost weight and are continuing to lose weight and overall with these changes our health is SO much better. No it's not more expensive, in fact if you stock up on things and work it slowly into your pantry organic food doesn't have to cost more but roughly the same....or less if you grow your own or visit farmers markets and can, preserve, freeze what you can.

The laundry detergent I make costs about $3 per batch. One batch lasts 6 months or longer (one batch lasted me 9 months once)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Wow I need to go green it is the only way now that my heart is giving me problems. i cry thinking about the danger of what can be in our food. Here in Miami if we don't do something and learn a better way we all might be headed down the road to no where.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011