Will they stop paying themselves as well?

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/03/military-contingency-plan-government-shutdown-031111w/

"When the government shut down in 1995, military personnel continued to report to work and were paid, but the planning guidance sent to the services and defense agencies says a shutdown this time will be different."

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 9:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• if they shut down, they should not get paid IMO...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree Samurai and I also think they should be fined $1000 a day for everyday they're shut down to be put directly into the national debt.
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Great idea....but those greedy fuckers won't do a damn thing....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think they should be held in contempt and made to pay a fine

and give up all their gov't perks...like their health care

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Please don't mistake me for being worried about this. I'm in no way worried. I'm ticked! There's no reason it should have to come to this nonsense! These people are worse than kindergarteners on a school yard!
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I am not worried about it because it is a non-issue. Despite what the article says the Military is one of the few govt jobs that will run on auto-pilot.

The article is misleading and has had a lot of people really worried. It is not going to happen.

In answer to the question.......the legislators creating the mess should be the first ones to lose a paycheck..unfortunately most of them wouldn't even notice it. Maybe it would be more helpful if we put them on day old bread and tapwater instead.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ysk it's fearmongering at it's finest. each side using trash like this to try and push the other side into caving instead of sitting round the table and having an adult conversation!
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Scare tactics, that's all it is.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• In answer to the question.......the legislators creating the mess should be the first ones to lose a paycheck..unfortunately most of them wouldn't even notice it. Maybe it would be more helpful if we put them on day old bread and tapwater instead.

I'll go one step further..lock the dems in a room with Ann Coulture and the pubs get locked in with Michael Moore....They dont get to leave until they come up with a reasonable plan

They will read her books and listen to her speak...and watch his movies and listen to him speak...

I do realize this is cruel and unusual punishment....but I just don't care

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Desperate times call for desperate measures sweet i'm game for that! whatever it takes to get them to stop showing their butts like fools and get to work!
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011