What are some natural remedies for a sick 2 year old.

My daughter has a cold and I really dont like using meds and they arent working anyway so does anyone have any good ways to shake this cold?

QTMamma01

Asked by QTMamma01 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Saline drops are just salt water, and humidifiers can work wonders especially the ones that you use vapor rub on. warm baths will soothe a tired aching baby, but for a fever tylonal or baby asprin is best
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• they have this vapor baby bath its great for a nice warm bath and i will help her decongest, a humidifier is awsome at night for her to. if shes running a fever though you need to use tylonal. as for coughing yeah your right none of that stuff works. I found at a all natuaral food and drug store a cough syerupe for toddlers that works wounders its all natural ingrdients no alcohole none of that crap in it. it doesnt make them sleepy. i cant remember the name of it but if you have a all natural or health food and drug place in your area i suggest lookng for it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I use ecinecea, zinc and vitamin C drops that are cherry flavored to help my son's body fight off illnesses without antibiotics, along with 8 ounces of orange juice every morning. Then I also use the saline in his nose and use a damp lukewarm washcloth and wipe all over his body when he has a fever to naturally reduce the body temperature. I also use a humidifier in his room if necessary but the filters need to be replaced every 3-6 months whether the humidifier is used or not. Hope this helps..good luck!
    JTNMD711

Answer by JTNMD711 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008