My 12 mo does not want to walk

My DS is very smart she speaks in two different languages and she eats mostly on her own. She just will not walk. She will not keep on shoes even though her feet are perfect she just will not walk. I have taking her to the doc, doc says she is acting lazy. The older kids try to get her to walk with food she will not. She stands up for a long time just will not walk.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She'll walk in her own time. My son didn't walk all the time until about 15-17 months. Don't worry about the walking. She will when she is ready.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Hope soon her bothers and sister where at it at 8 mo and she will not even try. I think she likes to be held I could be the problem
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• She will when shes ready. My oldest was 10 mths old, my 5th was 15 mths lol.

Answer by gemgem at 9:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Each baby has his/her own timetable for when they reach milestones. My oldest was 14mo when he started walking, my middle was 22 months and my youngest was 13 months. If your daughter is not walking by 18 mo you may want to consult with a Birth to 3 program or developmental pediatrician and have her evaluated for developmental delays (that is what we did with the middle one).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• @Mizlee we took her to a developmental delay school where they evaulate kids her age and older. They watch her for a day they where amazed that she speaks spanish, crerole and english. she under stands very well just when they put her shoes on she stood there and looked at them like He.. no not to day. We laugh at first then she sat down and palyed for the res to the day. I never experince nothing like this. I know she will walk when she is ready I guess. my concern is we have auntie that does not walk for no reason at all she is sixty and has never walked in her life. As smart as a whip no phisycal defects just never took a step amazes me. even though my heart is filled with love for my auntie and child. I just wonder
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• kids will walk when they are ready, my oldest didn't walk until he was 15 months old and my other one walked right after his first birthday. they walk when they are ready, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son was able to walk well before he actually did, by at least a month or two. The problem is probably that's she is scared of actually not holding onto something...that was my ds's problem. Once he let go, he walked EVERYWHERE now he's 23mos. and RUNS everywhere LOL
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• different kids walk at different ages, also have you try the toys where she is pushing them? those usually help them walk. Good luck
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 10:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• if it makes you feel ant better i have two and half yr old that i hear maybe only 10 human words a day the reat is babbleing
    sweetamgurl2011

Answer by sweetamgurl2011 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My son just took off walking at about 13 or 14 months. It was kinda late, but they do it at their own pace.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2011