Would you tell your brother or sister if your 11 year old niece had a myspace page and it was against their rules?

My 11 year old niece had a myspace page and a lot of people new but my sister didn't because she would use the comp at my moms or her friends house. Well I decided my sister had to be told and so she got in a lot of trouble. On top of that my sister looked at what she was writing to some guy and it had a lot of cuss words in it and all that...anyways, am I a tattle tale or a rat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• I would have done that same thing. I dont think youre a rat LOL.
    Anonymous

• no your not shes a child and needs to follow the rules and when shes not shes going to have to face the consquinces. i guess next time she think twice about doing what she shouldnt or atleast learn to hide it better lol you know girls
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I do not think you are a rat. She may not be happy with you, but hopefully in the long run she will understand you were only trying to do what was best for her.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The "play ground code" does not apply to adults. It doesn't even apply to other kids when danger is involved.
    No, you are not a rat. You are a responsible person looking out for someone who has no common sense and who can get into a world of hurt in moments.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Your not a tattle tale your a parent. Online pages can be very dangerous for a kid if it is left unmonitored

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• no they needed to know i had to take the computer away from my son cuz he was actually talking to people from other states that he doesn't know. that just doesn't fly in my home
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• She's 11, you have the right to tell! Good job...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Even though you might not know alot about ur niece because there will be a time where you won't be able to help her so go for it she is ur niece and you are doing this for her own good. No you are not rat if so so what. You'll know what to say or what not to say to ur sis. So keep being the good aunt that you are and don't worry about it ur niece will thank you for it in the long run.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• glad you chose to show support to your sister's parenting. definitely would have done the same thing. so she's in trouble - she should be. i'm sure your sister has a good reason for not allowing that and she needs to know that she can't get away with crap just because she's not at home.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• yes it's your duty
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008