I am overweight and a friend of mine told me about a small company that will talk to me, talk about my goals, assess my risk factors and give me three months of support online with a dietitian and personal trainer. A three month membership is 25.00. I think the price is good, but do you all think that 3 months is enough time to teach someone how to live and eat healthier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i woud just try the 3 months and pay the $25, then hopefully by that time, you have a good start on track to what a diet and exercises will do and by that time have lost a bit of weight. End it at 3 months and keep looking up other ideas too like tracking your foods onlne and have her ideas embedded in your head also.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think you're better off going to sparkpeople.com. They are free and the website is great.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree on sparkpeople. com too, you just need to learn a new way then what your use to, its all changing your habits, i am overweight too and i just started my diet and excerise, but i am doing it all on my own and there are alot of websites out there that can help without having to pay for it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Why pay someone anything? You have the internet and I assume you can GOOGLE. You can get ALL the free nutritional help you need from a million google health pages and from nutritionial pages. If you dont have the self control or will power to do this on your own paying someone for support and help will not make any difference.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thank you all for your responses. I decided to go ahead and sign up. My heath assessment was very informative. Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2011