Prayer Request again =[ please everyone, i need your prayers!!!!!

Well I received a voicemail from my mom a few minutes ago, she said my uncle, who is in ICU, his doctor called his wife and told her that JR is not doing so well and she needs to get up to the hospital. My mom is on her way there now.

He has had to have his leg amputated, he has hepatitis from where he had to have surgery, he has a bunch of other medical problems. His ammonia levels are high, and something is wrong with his kidneys now.

Please Lord, help my uncle fight through this. He was like the father I never had, he is a great man. I don't want my uncle to be called home now, but it also breaks my heart to know he's suffering ='[ I'm at a loss. I wish I could go visit him, but I'm a single mother and no babysitter. Please pray for him and my family.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Health

• Sweetie, I know how hard it is to watch a parent suffer. I watched my mom suffer through dementia, she was only 56, and forget who we were. She couldn't even feed herself in the end. She has heart problems, kidney problems and other problems. It was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. She lived with us, when she wasn't in a nursing home or hospital. She was my best friend and I did not know what to do with out her. The only thing that kept her going was dialysis and her meds. I hope he gets better, but I also hope he doesn't have to suffer the way my mom died. She suffered for 18 months. You and your family will be in our prayers. I know it will do no good because I live in KY, but if I could, I would watch your kids.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I am so sorry hun!!! I will say a prayer for him.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Praying!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• that's too bad, op. hopefully, whatever happens, it happens quickly, and you are at peace with it. (it sounds like he may be going..sorry.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• keeping you and your family in my prayers. I pray that God places his hands on him, and comforts him during this time...and if God needs him more than we do, to ease our hearts....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Praying for your uncle and for the strength of your family. Hang in there, hun.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 9:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I am so sorry....I know how it feels to see a loved one suffer and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. You are in my prayers and I wish the best for you and your family. Please keep us updated.But just remember if he does go, he will be in a better place. I don't know where you live but if I am near you (Seattle) I would definately help you out. If you need to talk, vent or cry I am here.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• butterflyPrayers to you and your uncle and family.

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• praying

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I truly appreciate all the prayers being sent out, it means so much to me. It's been almost 2 hours, hospital is an hour away, my mom won't pick up the phone,...I am panicking and have no one to talk to. I'm so worried right now, i'm at a loss and thinking the worst, but I hope that's not the case when she decides to call me back. I know he's suffering, he can't walk, he can barely feed himself, when his ammonia levels are high he doesn't know who we are, or remember us being there. he has to have a cathrator (sp?) and one for his bowels....i know it's selfish of me to not want the lord to take him although he's in pain and suffering, but i love my uncle and i need to see him at least one more time =[
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011