"Threatened Miscarraige" adult content

So yesterday I had to go to he ER, due to severe cramping in my left lower side. Not my abdomen. I'm having slight spotting, which varies in color from dark red, like older blood, to brown....but its really light. Like if I use a pad, it doesn't even come close to getting used all the way. They estimate me to be around 3-4 weeks along. They did a blood test yesterday to test my hcg levels and it came back at 614. Im supposed to get the levels rechecked this friday, to make sure they are increasing (meaning the pregnancy is continuing and this all should pass) or if they decrease, the baby isn't going to make it.
They told me to come back if I experience more bleeding than I already have, and of course, if there is any more cramping, to go right back to the ER.
This morning I woke up with the cramping again, but its my left side, but up high, like just under my ribs. Not my abdomen, or ovary area.... so I called the dr's office, they asked if I have ever had kidney stones....no..

My cramping has subsided for now, still lightly spotting...just tired now.

Have any of you ever experienced this? And the baby make it??

We are keeping our fingers crossed....

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I will say a prayer that everything is ok.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Praying for you. Never experienced anything of the like.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 9:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Never experience this, I will pray for you and hope you have a healthy baby in a few months
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• thank you all so much. Just very hard. We've been trying for the last year, and for it to be here but may not last, is just really hard for us. We know God has a plan though, so we are just asking that he place his hands on this baby and if its his will, then help us to have a healthy baby.
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My threatened miscarriages ended in losses both times. However, I had bright red bleeding throughout. Have your doctor check your progesterone level today and Friday and see if it is dropping or not. Be adament as they do not usually check it. Mine was dropping with my last baby and had they not checked it, I'm sure I would have lost him, too. To this day, I am sure that my hormones caused me to lose those babies. Good luck and stay positive! This pregnancy could progress normally from here!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I should add that there is medication that supplement your progesterone level and possibly save the pregnancy, if that is the problem.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've been pregnant 5 times....the first 3 were miscarriages...not "threatened miscarriages" just full on lost them....my last two, however, were "Threatened Miscarriages"....I, too, had slight cramping and I spotted through the entire first trimester with both of them. I have a healthy girl and boy, now, though so it absolutely CAN turn out okay.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• As it turns out, we did loose the baby...we found out this last friday... But, I really feel things are going to be fine because I was worried that something could have been wrong, because I never had those problems with my first child...so it's kind of a relief... Though I know not every pregnancy is the same.... but I'm sure next time around, we will have a better outcome...
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011