sweet potatos how to cook them?

does anyone have a quick simply tasty way of making sweet potatos? thats what im suppose to bring for thanksgiving dinner. any help would be great. thanks

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I mix them with brown sugar,butter and tons of marshmallows, bake till they are golden brown.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• THe marshmallows are golden brown..sorry
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• we use orange juice butter and brown sugar and bake them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Don't get the canned ones! Get fresh sweet potatoes in the produce department. Wash them and bake them just like a baked potatoe. After they cool down, take the skins off and put the cooked potatoe into a bowl. Mash them with a potatoe masher (make sure you don't mash too much). Add some butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Put the mixture into a casserole dish and top it with some pecans and brown sugar. Bake the mixture at 400 degrees until the brown sugar melts.

When you get to your dinner, put saran wrap on top and heat them back up in the microwave.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 3:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• As a midwife, I find that highly appalling that any such doctor would recomend that. Smoking marijuana is harmful to the fetus because many individuals choose to roll them in paper which brings smoke into the mother's lungs. There are contaminates in the weed itself that can attach and harm your lungs as well as the fetus's lungs. Please do not be misinformed and think that everything 'natural' is all good and everything 'not natural' is all bad. It's sadly a widely misinformed interpretation of things that people take. I would definitely encourage the friend to prohibit from smoking.
    Anonymous

• anon, you have a great answer but i think it goes in the "smoking marijauana and breastfeeding question".

I don't like marijuana or breastmilk in my sweet potatoes, jk, lol.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 5:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008