Pregnant and smoking pot. What would you do?

I am going to keep this short as I am having problems with my original post. I will fill in the blanks later.

What would you do if you knew for a fact that your pregnant friend was smoking pot on a regular basis?
I am very distraught over this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if there's much you can do... Try to get her help, talk to her about the risks... etc
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have been in this situation. Two times. What i did was, I got a lot of facts, i mean searched and searched, and had over 200 facts that prove smoking weed while pregnant is bad for the baby. And i called my friend over to my house, and sat there and read every one of them to her. And discussed what it ment to her, and her baby .
    She sat on my couch balling, asking for help, because she couldnt stop. She wanted to , and knew she needed to, but didnt know where to start.
    It was hard sitting there making her cry, and telling her that i will call CPS on her, when the baby is born, but i did it, and now she is a great .. CLEAN mom..
    Hope this helped
    Good luck
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• just be honest with her but don't come off as judgemental because then she's less likely to listen. i agree witht he first answer tho.
    Anonymous

• turn her in. if she's doing it while she's pregnant, then she won't stop after having her baby, and that could mean danger for the baby during and after it's born
    Anonymous

• dont turn her in she will just hate you and resent you. talk to her about your concerns maybe she doesnt know it has a affect on her baby yes some people are that stupid lol. try to not be judgemental when talking to her all you can do is try to get through to her other wise its her life and her baby and we will just have to pray that her baby is fine.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Here is the rest of the story. My sister is 40 yrs old, single and pregnant with her third child. Her oldest is pretty much taken care of by his grandmother and her second lives with his dad as per the divorce/custody. The dad took him b/c he felt she was unstable and constantly lied about smoking pot.Saturday night she took her 13 yr old to a mutual friend's party. She approached another friend and asked what seafoods she should avoid while she was pregnant. Meanwhile, she had a bowl in her hand and was getting high! This friend was so angry all she could do was give her the cold shoulder. Mysister,"Mary" then complains to me about getting the cold shoulder! She seems to not be able to understand why people aren't doing back flips over her pregnancy
    The father of this child wants absolutely nothing to do with the child. NOTHING.
    Anonymous

• But this woman shouldnt care if she hates or resents her. With my friend i would have rather her hate my guts, and never speak to me agian.. as long as she wasnt getting high and hurting her baby. As long as she understood that i did it for her, which she will. It might not be THAT day that she understands she turned her in for the best,,, but she will!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• WELL I SMOKED UNTIL 1 WAS A MONTH 1/2 CUZ I DIDNT KNOW I WAS PREGNANT. LUCKILY THE BABY WAS FINE BUT I STOPPED SMOKING RIGHT AFTER I FOUND OUT.
    I KNOW SOME1 8 1/2 MONTHS ALONG AND NEVER STOPPED.
    SHE HAD PAINS AND WENT TO THE DR AND THE NURSE ASKED IF SHE SMOKED, THE NURSE REPORTED HER TO CPS AND THEY CAN TAKE THE KIS AWAY. BUT SOME HOW SHE PASSED A DRUG TEST AND SHE ISNT IN TROUBLE. SHE HASNT STOPPED STILL. SOME PEOPLE NEVER LEARN.
    YOU CAN REPORT CPS. IT REALLY IS HER CHOICE AND DECISION THOUGH.
    SHE PROBABLY FEELS NO REMORSE, ITA SAD BUT SOME PEOPLE SEE NO PROBLEM WITH IT. I LOVED SMOKING BUT I CHOSE TO LOVE MY CHILD MORE.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Wow. I am so sorry you are in this situation. I really what try what i had said earlier.. maybe it will help.. before going into durastic measures. It must be tough.. my best friend was like my sister. We were so close, and i just wanted to slap her silly, untill she realized what she was doing. But as i said before.. when i sat down and talked to her about it... she came clean and said she didnt know how to stop. So together we went and got her some help. And now.. you would look at her.. and never even think she did it.
    If you need anything else.. you can e-mail me on here.
    -Gloria
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• For some reason I couldn't post the whole story the first time I tried. She disgusts me. I am embarassed to be her sister and angry at myself for feeling that way. She only thinks of herself. And all she can see is a cute little baby. Meanwhile, her other two are pretty much raised by someone else. I also now for a fact that she has left my 12 yr old nephew home alone so she could go party.
    Should I call CPS? My nephew pretty much stays with grandma most of the time.
    Anonymous