okay i have a 4 month old and the more research i do on immunization, the more im against it all...does any one know of a support group i can join for other parents who are against immunizations?

hayden2010

Asked by hayden2010 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hi i have a 4 month old and i was just wondering y are u against immunizations ?
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No support group that I know of. Keep doing research and do what you think is best for your child. We don't immunize.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 9:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• im sure there is atleast one on here. go up to groups and search "non-vaccinating moms" and maybe something will pop up.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well have you ever looked at the ingredients in the shots? And we are the only country whoi mandates them...I know bout 10 ppl who have either became deaf or is now autistic. Now I'm not saying if you get them its the wrong choice. I'm not here to start a fight or argument. But personally my family is an all organic family. Me and my husband are young parents in 20 and my husband is 23. and to febpenguins, can you please tell me whyy you didn't get them shots and how they are doin?
    hayden2010

Comment by hayden2010 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I chose to immunize. It was something I felt comfortable doing. My kids are fine and healthy, but if you choose not to immunize your kids be prepared for some of the illnesses that can creep up on them. I'm not saying what you are doing is wrong, you are making an informed decision, not just going with the flow like some moms. But, make sure you read up on the illnesses that are making a come back and symptoms and complications.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I do not know of any support group, but make sure you are also weighing the risk of the disease verses the risk of the shot on your child. Many illnesses are coming back that were once nearly wiped out, so be aware of what is in your area. Also, school may require you to get them anyway so be sure to check on that as well. I hope you find a support group!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think there's a group called Educate before You Vaccinate here on cafemom. Try there.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Just search on here and you will find several.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• :P bump

Sage11

Answer by Sage11 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011