Has anyone used the " Your Baby can read" program, what did you think?

vampkity13

Asked by vampkity13 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i want to use it but then i think why should I spend money on something I can do my self get you some index cards and write words out and do it yourself watch educational shows on tv. I used to babysit this little girl and I taught her alot at the age of 1 she knew shapes and started identifying animals plants etc. And I did this just by repetition.
    MJ42011

Answer by MJ42011 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have never used it, but I always wondered how you ould teach a 6 month old baby to read. I thought about trying it with this baby, but then again I hate to spend all that money and it not work.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My mother bought this program for my children for Christmas. I love it. My ds is 13 months and he loves it too. He dances to the songs has learned the following words since December: clap, arms up, ears, tongue,stomp your feet, shake your head no, mouth, bubble. I think that is it for now. I am amazed at how it works. Now, my dd is almost 4 and will NOT sit and watch. To me I would recommend it for one-year-olds. My dd watched the baby Einstein movies and these are comparable programs. They use real words with real pictures. Every time ds picks up another word I am so happy.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 10:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• A friend of ours gave us his and you know I don't think it's worth the money. As MJ42011 said just go and buy index cards and write words on them. My kids just don't sit long enough to watch it and learn anything. They learn more when I read them books and show them stuff myself.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i dont believe in it
    sweetamgurl2011

Answer by sweetamgurl2011 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've always wondered but am content with teaching him the way I have been. With flash cards and lots of repetition :)
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011