Am I over reacting?

Last night my husband got onto his FB and asked me if I deleted his messages. And of course I DIDNT!! I would tell him if I did. He asked, I told him no, then he tells me that he changed all his passwords. I flipped. WHY would he change his password??!! He said he believed me, but then did that?! So he is saying one thing, but his actions show me something else. I was VERY VERY upset. I HATE more than anything in this world to be accused of something I did NOT do. I took my ring off and told him I was done. I told him that if there is NO trust in this marriage, than its never going to work.

He asked me for a hug this morning, and told me that last nights fiasco was upsurd, and uncalled for. I told him my feelings were hurt bc I HATE being accused of something I didnt do, kind of like a prisoner goes to jail for a crime he did not commit. It SUCKS.

Anyways, should I just drop it, or what??! Im sure he STILL thinks I deleted his messages, and I DIDNT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Wonder what kind of messages he thought you deleted? How long have you been married? Personally, (just my opinion) perhaps your actions and comment concerning your wedding band, were a bit out of place. Also (just my opinion) sounds like you both need to learn to communicate better with each other.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Who else had his password? At first I was going to say you were ovrereacting. I am inclined to say if you have to ask you are.
    Then I read the rest of your question. No, you are not overreacting. This needs discussing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He barely even uses FB! A message i sent him with all of my passwrods were one of the messages.. but when we looked together at his FB messages, nearly ALL the messages were deleted! All the way to OCT 2010. He thinks I didnt want him knowing my passwrods, but in reality, why would I be sooo stupid to make it OBVIOUS that I deleted the message? Wouldnt I have been more sneaky and just deleted the one, and not looked so obvious??!!!

We communicate very well.. I was just VERY VERY hurt, and upset, I couldnt help myself..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I will advocate for your hubby. SOMEONE deleted his messages. If you didn't, and he didn't, then SOMEONE has his password and it needed to be changed. FB accounts are hacked everyday. Did he refuse to give you the new passwords? Did you even ask for them? Unless he badgered you all night insisting that YOU were the one who deleted his messages, then I say he believes you and changed his password to protect himself.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• He gave me his new passwords. I think his ex hacked into his FB, or it was a computer fluke. I SWEAR i didnt even go into his FB in almost a month... !!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It seems that a lot of people have had their FB hacked recently. I'm glad you both worked it out.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• This is why I don't think married people should have Facebook.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• @orions- I KNOW! thats what I told him... I HATE FB! Its the Devil! I think I am going to delete it... it brings unecessary drama
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Just a suggestion-Don't use fb, myspace or any of those sights. Just tlking to ppl I was NEVER going to meet almost cost me my marriage. It's not worth it.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• NEVER give personal information on Facebook. You can write down yor passwords if you think he needs them. Keep them in a safe place in your house. And, you had better change your passwords NOW, before it's too late. An enemy or hacker could distroy you with your passwords. Since his Facebook has been hacked, he needs to change passwords also. Get personal stuff off there NOW. Then, sit and talk with him about it.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011