How can I get myself motivated enough to start working out by myself at home?

vampkity13

Asked by vampkity13 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have the same issue. I used to do it every night, when I lived alone. But now with kids....once everyone goes to bed, I just wanna sit/lay there and chill out.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You have to really want it. I tried working out at home, but it didnt work. I joined the gym and im doing great!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I love working out at home. I use free weights. Just turn the music up really loud and go for it!
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Make it the first act of the day.....get up early and get it done
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It's easier for me in the mornings. Even before anyone gets up can be the easiest time to do it. I have hand weights and a Jillian Michaels video I can use when the weather doesn't allow for outside runs or bike rides (as I have no rain gear). Consider how much better you feel when you exercise than when you don't! I always feel like crap if I miss my workout, and totally regret it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• when you find out, let me know!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I started out slowly but using the Wii Fit and slowly progressed to more difficult workout dvds and running. They say it takes 6 weeks to develop a habit and since I started I have stuck with it and I still work out 5 days per week and can't stand to miss a day!
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Go out and pick up an outfit that you want to be able to wear when you reach your goal. Make it realistic. If you wear a size 18, don't go out and buy a size 4. Pick up a size 12 and a size 10. As you reach each size goal, get a size smaller until you're comfortable with where you are.

If you have photos of you when you were smaller, post them on your mirror as a healthy reminder.

If you don't already have one, use some of your Taxmas money and get a WiiFit Plus. Spend 30 minutes each day on it and gradually add more time (or reps for the exercises) to it. Over time, you'll achieve the goal you've set for yourself.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• yes i need super motivation to start back up again.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Doing it at home is really hard. We have a treadmill and most things for a nice home gym and at the end of the day after I have mothered my kids and homeschooled them and cleaned the house.....I am pooped. I'm joining a gym next Friday and I think that's what will do it for me. We are also buying a WII and I am hoping that will increase my at home motivation.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2011