S/O from my other ''question'' - Prayer Request Again =[

My mom is not answering her phone, my cousin said all the family is heading up there. I don't know what's going on, but I don't think it's good, no one will tell me and I'm stuck at home.

How do I mentally prepare myself for bad news? And how do I not take it out on my kids, I get frustrated, upset and when my kids start whining, crying, begging me for stuff when i'm over here crying, I just can't take it right now. I know it's not there fault, i'm trying to stay calm right now for my LO's but it's hard.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• How do I mentally prepare myself for bad news?--

you already have by asking this. you know in your heart and mind that what's inevitable is going to happen. what you can do in the meantime, is be a mother..just like any other day. your children still need things and you, and you can't just turn that off due to what's going on with your uncle.
    no one likes your situation, but you are still a mother to two kids who haven't a clue what's going on. they are too young to understand any of it, so its your job to keep them as secure as you would on any normal wednesday.
    (sorry i can't give any other advice.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• hugsHang in there!

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't know how far your family is from your mother, but if you have a timeline as to when they will be there, don't worry them with phone calls in the meantime. If you worry and nothing is wrong, you have worried for nothing. If you worry and there is something to worry about, you've worried twice. Tell your little ones that mommy needs hugs. Bask in their love. Sit on the floor and play with them. If you pray, now would be a good time to tell God, "Thy will be done." You can't change whatever has happened. You can only be strong. Keep your thoughts positive. Apparently you have loving family. Keep that in mind. Love and Blessings to you, dear.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Occupy your mind. Do something with the kids to get this off of your mind until you recieve news.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• **hugs** just keep thinking for the best news which is no news. bad news travels fast. but incase there is a situation, be sure to get some help over the phone and work it out with a professional advice line.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2011