Shower's with your kids?

Okay, How old do you think is too old? At what age do you stop taking showers with your kids?

I think around 4 or 5. I feel 10 years old is way too old!! what do you think>?

I guess it kinda depends if it's mom or dad son or daughter so--- lets just say Mom with Daughter

------------- No, I am not showering with my dd. I stoped when she was like 4 or 5. I am asking because my step daughter told me she showered with her mom and she is almost 11 I was so shocked and confused I didn't know what to say or do SO that's why I am asking.

milf661

Asked by milf661 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow! 11 is WAY too old to be showering with your child. I never showered or bathed with my kids, mainly because there was never a need. They would have their bath time, then I would clean the bathroom and then I would have a shower (because after cleaning the bathroom I would feel like I needed it). I don't really understand why you would need to shower or bathe with your kids.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It does not depend on that! When a child is 4 u need to stop!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i never shower with them. its not a matter of appropriateness or anything for me, i just prefer to bathe or shower on my own. i have all girls, my oldest is 4, so we could shower together still and it would not be awkward. however she definitely could not shower with my husband. she's already curious why boys stand up to pee and girls dont.. LOL. i guess it should work the same if it were mom & daughter, 5 years old at most.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• For me, I showered with my kids til they were about 6 or 8 months. I used to wash them up and hand them out to my DH who would dry, diaper & clothe them while I took my shower... But once they are able to stand and sit and whatever, they started taking their own bath without mom. By the time they are old enough to notice differences between their body and yours - it's time to be done...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Kind of a weird answer but, how big is your shower? I feel very cramped in ours and my dd is almost 4. Use that as an excuse to stop showering with your dd if that is why you are asking.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 10:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• stop when u feel its time to stop
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My DD is almost 4 and I use every excuse under the sun to NOT shower together! My shower is not very big so it's way too cramped, she complains about water in her face and most importantly -- thats my only ME-TIME!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I never bathed or showered with my son, and he wanted me to stop 'monitoring' his showers at age 5, but he still showers or bathes with the door open so i can audibly check on him. If it's same sex i don't know as i see anything wrong with it? A little strange i think, but i don't know, never had that situation. But for me, i enjoy my bathes or showers...it's the ONLY time i get time completely to myself...so i take loooonnnnnggggg showers and enjoy the peace and quiet!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I stopped showering with my boys when they were 3 or 4 and my daughter when she was 5 or 6. She still asks me all the time to take a shower with her but I always come up with a answer not too.
    bigmamadee

Answer by bigmamadee at 10:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think each parent is diffrent but my daughter is 8 and I would not shower with her anymore that stopped at 5.

My son I stopped bathing with him very young I would say 2 because he is a boy.....

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2011