How long to thaw out a 13 1/2 lb. turkey and that in water or just set out dry?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Better take it out today and i suggest puting it in cool water in your bath tub for atleast 24hours and then of course you can put it in your fridge if its still frozen the next morning take it out and set in your tub again. lol sorry its how my grandma defrost our turkeys
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I slow thaw mine in the refridgerator for a few days then take it out the night before if it isnt already fully thawed and put it in the oven on a baking rack to finish up.

Answer by gemgem at 2:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge. Wednesday evening, check to see how thawed it is. If it is still frozen partially, put it in cold water in the sink, changing the water every hour.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I set mine in the sink of cold water and keep changing the water until thawed. Then stick it in the fridge. You can set it in the fridge today (monday) then wed set it cool water until you are ready to cook it. Happy Thanksgiving and happy feasts.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 5:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• So do I take it out today and put it in water untill thursday morning or just keep it in the fridge untill wednesday and then put it in cold water over night? Sorry, Im getting so many diff. answers lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008