Flu shot? Please Help!

Since my daughter (6 months old) got a flu shot, she's been acting really strange. She cries non stop all day, she's been sneezing alot, her nose is runny and her eyes are red and puffy. It seems like since she got the shot she's getting the flu. Is it the shot thats making her like this? I'm starting to get really worried and I have no idea what to do.

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 2:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The shot will cause flu like symtomps just watch her fever and if it gets to bad toake her in, but yes the shot will do this to her it does go away and inthe long run it will help keep her healthy just comfort her right now :) Good luck
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 2:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• more than likely it's the flu. most people that get the shot, get the flu. i took my son into his checkup once, and the nurse was coughing and everything, saying that every time she got the flu shot she got the flu, and that if she wasn't required to get it, she wouldn't. needless to say, the kids and i don't do flu shots.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The shot wouldn't give her the flu. It takes 2 weeks for it to start working if it hasn't been 2 weeks then she could be getting it. She could also be having an allergic reaction or be getting a cold. point and case- you should take her to her doctor just to make sure- better safe than sorry
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The flu shot doesnt cause the flu. Its more likely she caught a virus of some sort and you should call the doctor if she gets too sick.

Answer by gemgem at 2:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i got my flu shot a couple weeks ago. they told me that it would not make me sick.... that's a myth. the shot is inactivated, so they are nt infecting you with a live virus. if you do get sick after the shot, it is because you were getting sick anyway.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Could be an allergic reaction to eggs if there are allergies in the family -I would bring her in anyway just to be sure
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2008