What types of activities do you include your dog in?

I have a Lab whom I would love to do more with and have him socialized. There's so much I would not do with him because of his size and there's so many places that don't allow pets, esp. dogs. I walk with him, we're going to go hiking soon and take him. Anywhere else you take yours besides a dog park or walks?

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pets

• I have 3 dogs. One of which is a lab mix. They go camping,to the lake, river, pretty much everywhere with us. The size of the dog is irrelevant in my opinion. Yes, there are certain places that don't allow dogs even though many with little dogs thinks that does not apply to them but I take mine wherever I can.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Ours do family things with us, like swimming lol. We go camping too. We also vacation every summer at the beach so she goes with us there even if she cant walk on the beach, she can hang out at the beach house and swim there and play on our volley ball court.

Answer by gemgem at 11:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Puppy classes are great for socialization as well as agility or disk training. You can get these classes at most dog training facilities and it's always great to take them to competitions if they get good at it and you can afford to take them. It was easier to socialize our dogs because most of them were seeing eye dogs in training which are allowed anywhere.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• we take our dogs every where we have a small lap dog and a big lab mix they love going to the lake we take them down town to walk research your area there are a lot of dog friendly resteraunts and we also have our friends bring there dogs over to play in the yard with our dogs as well as dog park and beach :)
    Sage11

Answer by Sage11 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We take the dog everywhere ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my dogs go with me everywhere, if I leave in the car they go along for the ride. one is 11lbs and the other is about 110lbs. The only time they do not go everywhere is during our hot ass summer months. I am always afraid the car will turn off and they will not have ac. They have waterbowls in the car that I fill while I shop, do errands, whatever.
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 8:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Almost everything
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 2:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011