Teacher gifts???

I've never had to give teacher gifts before... last year I did get SD's teacher a tin of mints but this year I have her teacher, and DS's five daycare ladies. They take wonderful care of him and I want to do something nice. I know a mug full of things is probably done all the time and gift cards are out since I can't spend a lot.

mysue

Asked by mysue at 2:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Shopping

• Homemade bakery is always nice.

Anonymous

• she's right. some good homemade cookies or something. when i want to do this for someone, i stack about 4 cookies or so on top of each other and tie them in a bow. i do this several times and then stick them in a nice basket. this just gives it a little something extra. :)
    pressley5604

Answer by pressley5604 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I get them coffee mugs and fill them with treats.

Answer by gemgem at 2:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i know when i was in 6th grade, i had alot of teachers, so what i did was got jars, and put homemade cocoa powder mix into the jar, decorate the top ( i hotglued fabric on it, and tied it with ribbon, and attached a small card to the ribbon with the teachers name on it) and gave it to them for Christmas.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I crocheted dish cloths and made Cookie "Gifts in a Jar" (you know the layered ingredients in a Mason Jar idea) for each.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I used to make a cute candle holder out of candy canes. Hot glue the candy canes around a taper candle. Tie a ribbon arround it...voila!

We can do it together before the holidays if you want?
    MrsDavid

Answer by MrsDavid at 9:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I always do a nice tin of homemade sweets. This way I don't spend a lot and my kids love making them. This year we are making cookie bark, haystacks, and pretzels dipped in white chocolate and pretzeld dipped in dark chocolate. I also love this becuase I can make ahead and freeze a god send for me becuase this month is crazy hectic. Probably also have my two DD's help make a cool card. They are 6&5 and I already have them scrapbooking LOL
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 1:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• How about house slippers ( $9.99) or 2 pairs of gloves you could give to two teachers ( $9.99)? Or maybe lotion( .99 up to $3.99 depending on size) or bubble bath ( $5.99)? All of these items you can order from my website at www.youravon.com/dustydunn and forget waiting in line at the store. Good Luck and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
    DustyD.

Answer by DustyD. at 5:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I give them Tupperware because I sell it:):) I fill 4 containers full of homemade goodies and they get to keep the containers:) I LOVE IT!!! Good Luck, Amy
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I do a coffee cup with a hand and foot cream from arbonne in them.. it is pretty cheap too. I get 35% off and the teacher expect it now.. lol They love the hand cream since it goes into the skin and doesn't sit on top and feel greasy.. so they can use it anytime of the day while teaching.. and then since they are on their feet the foot cream is always a hit too.
    Good luck
    (I can get you a deal on those hand and foot creams.. they are normal 5 for $25 but can get a discount)
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 1:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008