Do you need help with your out of control child or teen? It is out there but most of the times parents don't know where to turn...

My oldest child was getting completely out of control, failing in school, refusing therapy, shutting down on me, angry, severly depressed for 2 years it just seemed to get worst. I didn't know where to turn or what too do. I love my kids dearly and could not understand why she was acting out. My mistakes on parenting?? Her being spoiled??? What was it????
Finally it got to the point where she was hitting her sisters, was not coming home and was sexually active. No drugs involved.
I went to the Hospital told them everything I was afraid she would hurt her sibblings and she went after me. She is finally and I mean finally getting help and as much as it hurts me she is learning and doing therapy and working on making our family together and stronger then ever. She is beautiful and has adhd, depression which unfortunatly I can't help her but they can help me get her help and with her family's support we will be on the right track. Don't give up on your child and get your child help if you don't get them help, they will be adults in either jail, dead, on drugs. When they are 18 you can't help them, with your support now, you can make a BIG DIFFRENCE. Stop trying to blame the your self. Don't  be ashamed. If you don't help them who will? Get them the help they need before they are adults....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Youre right. My son was misdiagnosed with ADHD and ODD and as a teen we found out he was Bipolar disorder the whole time. By the time they are 18 we cant help them, they can refuse any help too.

Answer by gemgem at 11:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well mine went to jail even though we were involved because he was 18 and could refuse treatment. I only wish I had started helping earlier. Alot of people are ashamed though to get their kids help because they think it looks poorly on them as parents. Some times it has nothing to do with parenting, in fact most of the time it doesnt.

Answer by gemgem at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Support them all the way, she is finally understanding what I am saying and it is making a diffrence, pray she does not fall back and with the help we are finally getting now.

See how I say WE because Yes I am in therapy too. We will unite again.

IN THE REAL WORLD NO ONE WILL PUT UP WITH THEIR PROBLEMS, AND SOMETIMES THE ONLY WAY TO HELP IS TO SACRIFICE, I AM WILLING TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO GET MY LITTLE GIRL BACK AND SO SHOULD YOU.....Don't give up on them....they are our future.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• gemgem no one tells you what to do or where to go.

my daughter has been angry for years the puzzle finally was put together after I went to the hospital.

Parents think they are protecting there kids no they are ruining their future. I refuse to give up and ruin my childs future, no matter what it takes I will get her the help she needs. They won't go to jail.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It is not your fault, when you ask believe me know one tells you.

I would have never had help if I didn't know someone who told me finally what too do. I was ashamed to but look how long it took.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Cops, schools, no one would tell me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011