Teething

Other than orajel, which I don't want to give my 6 month old, and Tylenol, what are some effective ways for helping her deal with the pain? I do not like to give my kids meds, I would rather not do it, and I heard orajel can make teething more difficult. None of my other kids had problems. Thanks.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 10:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use to wet washclothes and roll them up, put them in a plastic baggy and freeze them. Once the cloth is nice and frozen you can let them naw on them. I hope this is helpful.
    amberharrison09

Answer by amberharrison09 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• First let me start by saying,all kids r different. Now for the solution to your little ones discomfort. Buy freeze pops and freeze them,leave the wrapper on it,no danger,it is really intact.. Let your child chew on that. It will numb the gums. The child will then be able to sleep. It stays numb for a long time. When it is not numb anymore,take it out of the freezer and give it back. U can reuse the same one just rinse it when done and put in freezer.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well first of all, let me say KUDOS to you for not doping up your kids, like so many ppl do. I think that is AWESOME. I don't like giving my babies meds either, Only when it is absolutely needed.
    Anyhow, I always go with the more natural route. Put teether toys in the freezer or fridge (Make sure you rinse them so babys tongue wont get stuck to it) and let them gum on the cool teether, it really does help, promise. try keeping the baby busy (The more you just lay there in pain, the worse it will be, that goes for almost anything) Cold drinks and cold foods will also help (try putting some apple sauce in the freezer until it's cold, or frozen and let them chew on it.
    If nothing works you might have to resort to baby acitomenophen. I did have to resort to this a couple times with my son. (After all, if nothing works you don't want to let them sit in pain)
    I hope this helped. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Frozen washcloth. People might recommend Hyland's but that never worked for my child.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• cold teether

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• But,I used the method suggested by WhitneyMommy012 it does not work.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• frozen rye toast worked for my daughter :)
    Sage11

Answer by Sage11 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• a frozen or really cold washcloth works wonders.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011