Would You be upset if you asked your dh to delete his FB and he refused?

I just recently posted another question on here concerning FB. I took one womans advice about deleting FB, and so I aksed my Dh if we could BOTH delete our FB's. His answer.. "I dont have a buncha people I dont know on there" True. But I tell him. "But you still have your ex' family" His response "I still see them as my kids family" I say "they are your KIDS family, not yours" He says.. "They post pictures of the kids on occasion, they love them. I am getting really tired of fighting, if you want me to delete my page I will, but I have never abused it, I am too busy for that" I say " You do what you want to do, I was just trying to find a solution"

I get that he gets to see pics of his kids, but really... FB is destroying are marriage. If a guy talks to me that I went to HS with, Im getting questioned. His messages get deleted, he assumes its me. Im tired of FB! I have no use for it, and he BARELY gets on.. why does he really care to have it if he knows its causing tension in our marriage??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Did any of his exs cheat? If so thats why he questions you. I wouldnt delete my FB though in his shoes either. I talk to my ex's and see it the same as your dh, they are my kids parents and I like to know what they are up to, not just for the pics.

Answer by gemgem at 11:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would not ask him to delete his facebook page because I trust him.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• well, why let it cause tension? both my husband and i have one or two exes as friends on our FB's. the ones we run into every now and then in person are countless (hubby was a bit of a man-whore back in his day). honestly they're just exes, and if he gives you no reason to dis-trust, then don't. you're making yourself look insecure and jealous by asking him to delete it, especially since he merely wants to keep it to see pictures of his kids.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes, his ex cheated on him multiple times. I am NOT like her at all.. and it KILLS me he treats me as if I am like her!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If he barely gets on the what is the issue with it?

I don't think his ex on there is a problem. Has he ever cheated? If no then let him have FB and let it go.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Why don't you open a new facebook page under a different email & this time, don't add anyone you don't know.

I don't think it's a big deal if he is friends with his ex, especially if they share kids together. When my DH had facebook he had 3 ex's as friends & none of them he had kids with. I could have cared less. If anything, i was glad they got to romantic pics of us together & i love that my DH posts sweet things on his page like "my wife rocks". Anyhow, he got sick of facebook so he deleted it. I still have mine with 2 ex boyfriends on there, DH does not care at all.

He has a right to keep his page as long as there is no flirting going on...

I am not friends with my ex husband though...he totally annoys me & i don't want to be friends with him on FB, so i am not.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I recently deleted my FB, too. For the same reasons. I was getting emails from guys I used to talk to even tho they were not on my friends list. My husband works out of town and I would hate for him to go on my FB and see something like that. I didn't ask him to delete his because he's never on it anyway and I have his password, he had mine as well. I do miss seeing my friends pics, but it's not worth starting drama in my marriage.
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If he is rarely on it there is no reason to delete it. Who is making the big deal out of it? You or him? Sounds like you guys have some trust issues you may need to work on.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• hugsgreat question!

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• its not just HIS page, its my page too. He doesnt have his ex on his FB, he has her FAMILY. she doesnt even have fb.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011