How to potty train a toddler?

juliabkt

Asked by juliabkt at 11:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• basiclly all you have to do is be consistant.....every hr or so ask him/her to go sit on the potty for a lil while bring books or a toy he/she likes....rewards are also good n when it happens celebrate it lol sounds dumb but they will love it....i did pull ups for a while but she kept peein in them so i went to regular panties...sure she had he accidents but its part of learning,just make sure you dont flip out if they do pee on themselfs,reassure them that its ok and that next time we should use the potty....i know this wasnt much but i hope it helped...goodluck
    lcardenas51989

Answer by lcardenas51989 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My last one Im potty training and boy is it frustrating. Im not forcing her to go and letting her go on her own. But boy do we sit their for awhile. lol
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I asked abt this in one of my groups and it was suggested to grin and bear it and do panties. My DD is almost 3yrs and has interest, but would rather keep playing then stop and try to potty. I tried the "cool sensation" pull ups, but she wasn't phased. I'm going to do the thick training panties with plastic cover ups in hopes that the wetness she feels will prompt her to use the potty. That would be my suggestion :)
    Mindi7806

Answer by Mindi7806 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011