Is it

Is it disrespectful to come into someones else's house and there is a big note on the door that says ,(Please take off your shoes)? and they walk in anyways and walk all over your  brand new 4 thousand dollar Italian rug  would u be pissed? there ae now stains all over it from dirty shoes ( the person i am talking about is my father ) please help what can I do?

mommyfitzgerald

Asked by mommyfitzgerald at 11:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• in my opinion people should take off their shoes in someone elses house out of respect!!
    you wouldnt want mud tracks in your house from other peoples shoes,so be respectful and take your shoes off.....
    did he see the sign you had put up? i mean seriously i totally agree with how you are reacting!! you have every right to be pissed off....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You should take off your shoes inside anyway, in my opinion. If that's what people do in the house, and you can SEE that, then do it.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would ask him nicely to leave his shoes at the door. I can't honestly say how I would feel b/c I wouldn't buy a rug that expensive. Luckily it can be cleaned :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I realized how I wrote my response may have sounded rude. I'm sorry if it did. I didn't mean it to be.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:18 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• nawww not rude just honest ! i didn't spend that much money on it  my fil got it in his travels  in the war so it means alot to dh

mommyfitzgerald

Comment by mommyfitzgerald (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i would remind him to take off his shoes or he can clean the rug! .. i always take my shoes off as soon i walk into any house.. even tho the people tell me not to! i also trained my kids to take their shoes off haha :) my husband thinks i am weird!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i think thats a good thing to do my kids do it too lately when i go to his house i track mud in side lol i know im a bitch but what can i say it is mud season and i thought he would get the point guess not and btw its the only carpet i have in my house besides what in the bedrooms but he dont go in there
    mommyfitzgerald

Comment by mommyfitzgerald (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yeah that sucks, I used to try to make people take off their shoes when they came into my house but after awhile I just gave up lol....Don't be a wimp like me, next time ask him directly to take off his shoes...maybe he didnt notice the sign...I know I've looked RIGHT AT things and it still didnt compute...hopefully he didnt do it on purpose. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes it is. I have one on each of my entry doors. Even with the signs up, an uncle still came in with wet boots on tracking in the kitchen. I made him go back in the entryway, take his boots off and come back in and clean up his mess. He's taken his boots off since.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Actually the oil from their feet is worse than their shoes.I sell flooring for a living,and this has been proven to be true.You should provide those little booties that cover your shoes if you want it done correctly.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011