Statistically, very few first relationships work out longterm. However, you can count on this to be true: if you do not learn right now to stand up for what you want (in a healthy, non-needy, non-judgmental, non-blaming, but very effective way) . Do you think that you can stand up for what you want right now? If not, why?

I really wanted to share this question with you all :)

LanaisSky96

Asked by LanaisSky96 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I truly believe I have found my soul mate. We are best friends and we talk about everything. I can go to him with anything on my mind and he can come to me.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I can, because I trust my DH with how I really feel :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Statistics are rarely accurate. Case in point: I'm in the car with my two daughters. We take a poll - 100% of the population polled is female, 33% over the age of 30, etc. It's all in who and where you ask. For the first relationships thing, my hubby and I have been together since I was 14 and don't plan on ending it any time soon. We don't need to stand up for what we want because we both want the other person to be happy. It's not a matter of standing up for things, it's a matter of working together.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• my hubby and I have been facing issues in our relationship for years (its the same problem over and over again) I have made it perfectly clear how I feel. He tells me he understands and he won't do it anymore then next week we are back at step 1. I got so tired of playing his game I gave up! I feel like giving up on us all together but then I remember our daughter and I think is it really that bad...so in a way I stood up for myselft and then I gave up on myself so no
    newchapternlife

Answer by newchapternlife at 11:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• to be honest, no. i will not be able to stand up for what i want in a relationship... BF needs to beg and prod it out of me... but its because of my past. whenever i would voice my own opinion, or say something the guy didnt like, i would get hit. i'm learning that it wont happen with my BF, but the fear is still there.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I do not have any problem standing up for myself in this relationship. I mastered that skill and ability after surviving a nightmarish childhood and an extremely abusive first marriage. I've come a long way.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• im very strong willed, but i know when to say i am wrong you are right. my DF is a great partner in all we do. ive seen some sad relationships in the past. nasty unhealthy relationships, but i have grown and have learned and this is the first relationship where i feel i am being heard and understood and likewise for him. im thankful.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011