Have you ever worried about health issues in regards to your present weight?

LanaisSky96

Asked by LanaisSky96 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yes, i know i need to lose and am working on it, i know being overweight can cause alot of problems.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• yes but not because of my weight. if sugar diabetes runs in the family (it doesnt i dont think) then i want to be careful of it because of my age, really. Even if it doesnt run in the family, you just never know but i still want to watch it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I worry about the same thing too americansugar80.
    LanaisSky96

Comment by LanaisSky96 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i dont have any health problems due to my weight as of yet.. but its always in the back of my mind
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes I do, I'm a type 2 diabetic for my own poor food choices and being a lazy bum as a kid and teen. I know my BMI isn't healthy and that's why i'm working so hard right now. And for the first time in my life I am 100% confident i'll get to my goal weight and stay there. I have no desire to eat the crap I used to eat and I have no desire to sit on the couch like a bum.....I want to LIVE life. And I can't do that by eating was I was eating and sitting around all day.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes we have diabetes in the family and I recently went to the doctors and was borderline diabetic. The doctor told me if I lose at least 20 lbs then I will be OK. I have not really been doing all I can and know it so I still do try. Also sometimes its hard for me to pull in oxygen into my lungs because of my weight.

jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Definitely before my weight loss journey. I was 29, and my blood pressure was 138/88, borderline high! I have a family history of diabetes and heart disease, as well as cancer, and this reading scared the hell out of me. Then I went skiing with my brother, and I couldn't get through 3 runs without feeling like I wanted to vomit. It was SO depressing. But it was the ass-kicking I needed. I soon lost 17 lbs with some minor dietary changes, and plateaued for awhile. Then in September, I got really serious again, and I started running, and eating about 90% clean. I've lost a total of 54 lbs so far! I have very little knee pain or back pain now, and I have SO much more energy. I also know I will be around for my son longer now, and I can take better care of him. I'm also setting a better example for him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I would love to be in better shape
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• All the time.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Not my present weight. I'm in the process of losing some weight to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was doing great until Spring Break started and I wasn't in class. Between July and now, I've lost two inches in my waist and dropped about 15 pounds. I did this by drinking a lot of water, eating once a day, drinking coffee, and feeling major stress.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2011