What are some ways i can get my adhd son to stop doing these things???

Bullying, Showing off to his peers, And running his mouth all the time during school???

Nicole529173

Asked by Nicole529173 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• He may have ODD. Talk to your doctor. Counseling and that sort of thing can help.

Answer by gemgem at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• When you find out...please please please let me know!!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe try getting him into a sport that will channel his energies, keep him occupied, and teach him discipline? I know that martial arts a lot of times will teach them to never use their skills to be offensive, merely defensive, and I know that they def. instill a sense of discipline in them and it's physically taxing... hope that helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Getting my son into swimming, and have a super consistent schedule, has helped his behavior a lot. He's 13, and has had difficult times... However, the consistent sameness every day has helped him. Also, finding an activity he's good at (like momof2redhedz suggested) helped build his confidence and allowed him to blow off steam. You may also consider some form of counseling... I know that my son struggles with self esteem and feelings of failure, which make him defensive... They resist talking about it, but talking helps a lot. Good luck, and hang in there!!
    PeachyPeach30

Answer by PeachyPeach30 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Counsling, speak to the doctor....

Bullying is dangerous and he could hurt someone and get himself into trouble. That needs to be fixed right away...

His behaivor sounds like a confidence issue, definitly seek help from the doctor and therapist....

Good luck
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011