Is this weird to you? (School easter break question)

Ok well as I have posted before my son lives with his dad at the moment (whole diff drama), anyway he is supposed to be with me for Spring break/Easter break. I talked to his dad several times over the past few weeks about getting a schedule to me so I could plan on when he is coming. I looked at the school calendar for him a couple weeks ago and it said he was out from April 18th- 25th. My kids are out the following week. I know all counties can have different days off that isnt what is weird.

My ex called last night and asked me to come pick up my son on April 10th. He said Spring break starts then, then I will have him through the 17th. (By Court order I actually am not supposed to get him until the 11th but thats fine dad doesnt want him on the 10th for some reason). Then I return him the 17th, come back the friday after, for Easter Weekend, then the following weekend once again.
Did anyone elses school do Spring break this way? Not on Easter? I just think its weird lol, our schools including his has always had them off the week before or after Easter.

Asked by gemgem at 11:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Many schools have stopped linking it to Easter, as it can really screw up the academic calendar.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Spring break is in March in my state. It hasn't ever been linked to Easter here.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 11:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Our public schools don't take spring break with Easter, instead they let out the week of St. Patrick's Day. I find that odd, but since we homeschool we take our time off when we want.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i grew up with spring break during the week long before Easter.. both my kids have spring break during easter i think its just a rip off lol
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My city's spring break was last week. They get Good Friday off too.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I guess its new here. Even our court order has it set up for Easter "week".

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• its always been in march the 3rd week , easter has nothing to do with spring break , call your sons school and ask when it is
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• different counties do different days it all really confusing to me glad i dont have to pay attention for another year as my daughter is four and her birthday is after the cut off date
    sweetamgurl2011

Answer by sweetamgurl2011 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ours is the last week of march this year, last year it was the week after easter, it is never the same every year here.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011