She still has a fever??

My oldest DD is 3 and I had taken her to the doctor last friday due to a high fever and cough. They told me she had bronchitis and strep throat, perscribed and antibiotic (zimthromax) and sent us on our way. She has finshed all of her antibiotic and is still running a fever of 103. Could she also being going through something viral?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• when i had strep a few months ago i still had the fever for a day or two after finishing my antibiotics. strep is rough! 103 is high though. id call her doctor and see what they suggest. it could be another new viral thing or the previous infection still making it's way out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I agree with tnm786. Call the doctor. My dd had the flu awhile back and had a fever for 10 days. They said it just meant she was still fighting it off, turned out she had gotten an ear infection, and they had to put her on different meds.

Answer by gemgem at 11:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I called the doctor and he is supposed me be calling me back. They constantly put her on this antibiotic for everything because she is allergic to augmentin so they figure she is allergic to penecillion. I have to take my youngest in today for a possible UTI so hopefully they can squeeze her in as well.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Get her back in, the fever with strep should have been gone within 48 hours of antibiotics. best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011