Non Christians

It seems a lot of people on this site degrade Christians. Most Christian answers are down voted and no I'm not try to start trouble. I'm just saying if you believe in anything BUT being a Christian you won't get the thumbs down. Is that because Christians respect your answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I downvote arrogance and ignorance.

And I have no problem with a christian stating "Jesus is *my* lord and savior."
    I have a HUGE problem with a christian saying to me "Jesus is *YOUR* lord and savior!"
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• A lot of non-Christians get down votes too - I think it is pretty even; people just happen to notices things against their own beliefs more than things against others, imo.

l.o.v.e

Answer by l.o.v.e at 11:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've got quite a few downvotes as a non-Christian myself, so I would have to say NO. People vote down others becasue they either a) disagree with another's opinion or b) think the person is being an asshat. And it goes both ways. So really you shouldn't read into downvotes too much. It is simply a way of saying "I don't agree with you" .
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If they didn't want me voting their stupid answers down and making fun of them, they wouldn't be doing unto me this way, would they? Christians only have to see my name and, without even reading my answer, they vote it down. At least I wait until they say something stupid before I vote them down. The venom train goes both ways here.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Are you serious?   Non-Christians get plenty of down votes just because they are not Christian.  I only vote down answers that are ignorant or offensive and I've voted up Christian answers if they are intelligent well written answers.

Take off the blinders and have a look around!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've gotten down votes before and I'm not Christian. To say that only Christians get disrespected on this site is a *bit* of an overstatement.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have a christian who has latched onto a comment I made about how I "direct" weather away from my area, and who now takes every opportunity to berate and make fun of what she calls my "claim" of being able to control the weather. Now, this is an attack on my person because I am a witch and, apparently, this is okay with the christians because I am also an atheist. So far, this year alone, christians have told me 3 times that I should be killed (you shall not suffer a witch to live) and twice that I am going to hell. One insists on telling me that god loves me, in spite of the fact that I have, so far, seen NO evidence to support that and she can't prove the truth of what she's saying. In Matthew 7:12 christians are told, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." As I see it, they're clearly asking for it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• LMMFAO! Respect? You ought to reread the definition before you go off on that one... By the way, your persecution complex is showing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think it's more a case you'll find certain Christians and non- getting down votes around here. Some ladies are rather outspoken about their beliefs and have made some enemies.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I can only speak for myself.

I have no idea why someone chooses to vote down another answer. I can only share an observation. Most answers that are very clearly answers from a Christian view point, that I see voted down, are voted down because that person is stating negatives about any belief system other than Christianity. The norm is stating things along the lines of : There is only the Christian God, There was no morality or belief in God before Christianity, Christianity is the only true way to believe in God...etc.. These are the types of statements that are usually contained in an answer that is voted down. Or at least this is what I personally notice.

As far as disrespect/respect in regards to my personal religious beliefs. I have had more negative statements made to me by Christians than anyone else on here. So I can't say that all Christians show this universal respect that you are implying. Some maybe, all no.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2011