How does an adult returning to school get funds from the government?

I hear ads all the time about government funding for returning students, and I'd like to see if I can qualify. Anyone else do this? How?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Fill out a FAFSA and see if you qualify for pell grants.

Answer by gemgem at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• fill out a FAFSA and then the financial aid office of whatever school you apply to should be able to help you with paperwork and finding the grants and scholarships,
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Have you filed your taxes yet? If you have you can fill out the FAFSA, you fill it out online at fafsa.ed.gov. If you have never done this before you will have to apply for a pin number, too. It should tell you if you qualify for federal student aid. Also I would recommend talking with a financial adviser at your local community college or whatever college you are planning on attending. They will be able to help you find financial aid and scholarships you might qualify for. Good luck.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You can also look for scholarships here:  http://www.fastweb.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You can apply for grants from the government that you don't have to pay back. You can go online to apply. I don't know the sights.You can use ask .com to find out where to apply.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2011