He said she said

when I see questions about what to do when it comes to our men, such as a disagreement or what not, I would like to start seeing his side too.

how would anyone feel about posting what the other person thinks as well?
is that something you would do?

edit:when I say get 'his side' I mean to either have him dictate his side and you type word for word, or have him type it. I didn't mean for you to type what your interpretation is of his viewpoint.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• i agree with you!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My thoughts.....

There really is no way to see/hear "his" side of it, unless the woman posting shares his side through her eyes/view (which isn't "his" side any longer) . This is really only a one sided forum in that sense. Would "hearing" both sides make some situations clearer, easier to share an opinion..etc.. Of course. However, this forum is pretty much set up for and focused on "her" side of things. Just the way it is.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Bumping :)
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• There really is no way to see/hear "his" side of it, unless the woman posting shares his side through her eyes/view (which isn't "his" side any longer)

sure there is. I've had my DH be there and I'd type what he said. that's what I meant.

However, this forum is pretty much set up for and focused on "her" side of things. Just the way it is. granted, the name of the site is meant to be a womans site, but I've seen many posts where they are expressing views from a husband, or things he wanted to know.

we could certainly find a way to express the other side rather than just our own.

ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I was inclined to say I agree then read pixie trix post which was a great answer so I agree with pixie - it could never really be "his" side because it is still coming from woman. Great view!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yeah I have to agree with other responses. This is a MOM website, not a mom AND dad website. There are many of those out there too!! Maybe check them out if that bothers you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You have seen post where a woman was expressing her husband's views/questions/ideas. Not the man himself. Once those things are going through another party, they are no longer clear nor are they always exactly like the man stated, much less HIS actual thoughts/ feelings.. You may sit and type exactly what your husband may say, that does not mean that every woman who shares their partners point of view is doing the same. In most case (dare I say the vast majority) the woman is sharing her interpretation of what is being said, a behavior, etc.

Again. You are asking if there is some way for women on here to express their partners side. There is no way to share another person's side of something, without it being tainted by your own : feelings, thoughts, interpretations..etc.. Only an individual themselves can honestly share (with no interpretations, no outside personal feelings..etc) their side of something.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I'm with you if the women shares her side I think the guy has the right to give his side of the story...
    EveRenee2011

Answer by EveRenee2011 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Go for it, I don't think a lot of men will do that, but if your man is willing too then why not.

I think I will ask my man.... :) Lets spice it up here. IF people don't want to read it then they can keep it movin.... :)

As my other half says.....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i agree! but then if the woman would LISTEN to what the man is trying to say/communicate, she wouldnt be posting questions, trying figure out what he is trying to say. lol
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011