Children and dining out

Do you have a 4 year old and a 9 year old? How often do you go out to eat with them? What type of restaurants do you take them to? If you take them to a family restaurant and someone sticks their nose in your business what would you do?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine were 4 & 9 at the same time (2 youngest). I ate where I pleased. If someone had anything to say about it I would ask the waitress for a supervisor and explain I am not having a very good dining experience because of the person hassling me.

Answer by gemgem at 11:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and teke them with us alot, my kids are well behaved when we are out somewhere, granted my ds babbles alot and it can get lound but he's not being a brat and screaming...i did have one guy say something to be about my son "making too much noise" i was pissed! we were in a corner away from most people and all my ds was doing was "talking" to me and i told that guy "you don't see me complaing about you and your drunk friends being loud and out of control so don't come over here telling me that my child is bothering you until you can shut up yourself" yeah i was mean but i get that way when it comes to my babies
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Way to go josiesmommy00/mamma bear! My kids are 7 1/2 and 4 and we'll go eat wherever we like as well. It's mostly family restaurants, but occasionally we'll take them some place a little nicer and have never really had a problem. It's only at home that my kids make we want to string them up by their toenails. (usually when they're being brats/mouthing off)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• well we didn;t go anywhere fancy, it was at logan's lol so yeah not facny AT ALL that guy was just being an ass
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We have a 4-year-old. We never stopped dining out at any restaurant we liked. We have people approach us to talk about, and with, DD. Haven't ever considered it to be sticking their nose in our business. Of course, the comments we receive are always in regards to what a joy it was to have her there or how well behaved she is or along those lines. If she was out of control the responses might be different, I'm guessing. :) We do asked to be moved if we are seated near families with out-of-control children. I'm hoping this isn't your issue.
    In my opinion there is no reason that a 4-year-old should be disruptive in a restaurant. If mine wasn't being disruptive, then I would ignore any comments I got, or maybe ask them what they were referring to. If my child was being disruptive, I would deal with my child.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 1:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I only have a 2 year old but we still go where we want for the most part. I would avoid really fancy restaurants, but we don't really frequent anything fancier than Red Lobster, and even then that's rare. We keep our child in check but he is very active and gets restless occasionally, but I've never gotten rude comments. Only time I even got a dirty look was when he was only 7 months old and let out a SHRIEK in the restaurant and the poor old man behind us jumped. But I don't worry about what other people think. Don't go to a FAMILY restautant if you don't like being around FAMILIES.
    Anonymous