Children and dining out

Do you have a 4 year old and a 9 year old? How often do you go out to eat with them? What type of restaurants do you take them to? If you take them to a family restaurant and someone sticks their nose in your business what would you do?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have always taken my kids out, from the time they were babies. We used to average about twice a month. I'm not sure what I would do if someone approached me. I've honestly never had it happen except for people to tell me how well behaved my kids were. I never had those kinds of issues where someone else stepped in to comment or correct their behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My kids are 9 and 6. I've never had someone stick their nose into our business because they're well behaved. We go to mostly chain restaurants if we're eating out - Logan's Steakhouse, Olive Garden, IHOP, Outback, etc. Family friendly but not necessarily intended just for those with little kids. We do some locally owned restaurants as well but again, they're not fancy restaurants where kids are unwelcome regardless of how well they're behaved.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We go usually 2 x per month. I have 4 kids. :) Kid friendly restaurants or buffy.

I don't care what people say or think. If you don't like children then don't go in Public.... If the kids are really out of control then stick with kid friendly.
    Friendlys and carvel. you can find them on the internet in your area.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Maybe try doing what my father did for us when we were little.... he went and bought an etiquette book and would set up our family dining room like a restuarant with either him or my mother acting as the waitress/waiter... he taught us what to do, and what not to do from the etiquette book and the more that we did what was in the book the more praises we got. Also, he totally got us all excited about being able to go to a real restuarant to practice the things we were learning and then would brag over how well we were doing to the waitress/waiter when they came around to make us feel even better. We never were bad at a restuarant again (before we would talk loudly to the people around us, play with our food, etc.) I hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Our kids are 11 and 16 and we go to resturants that we all enjoy. Our kids are well behaved in public so we don't really worry about strangers sticking their noses in our business (that position is reserved for my MIL who always has her nose where it does not belong). When they were younger we did have an issue with the kids menus being pretty much crap at most places, so our kids have always ordered from the adult menu and taken half home for later so they got real food and not an $8 grilled cheese.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2011