Dreams

I just want other peoples input about why I keep dreaming of my ex? We dated for about 8 months and we both decided it was better for us to break up. I'm engaged now (2 years later) and a couple of times every month I have a dream about my ex and I'm always trying to get back together with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• You know I have that same dream too. I have no idea what to do about it. It's weird cause I've been away from him for about 5 years now. If I find out what it means I will let you know
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I find sometimes weird people make cameo appearances in my dreams and many times it isn't about that particular person - it's more of what that person signifies or represents. Were there unresolved issues with your ex? If not maybe you weren't ready to move on in some fundamental level you aren't admitting to yourself but you did because logically it seemed best. Is your subconscious trying to draw parallels between that relationship and this current relationship? It is interesting that it pops up a couple times a month - to me that seems like your mind is trying resolve something or show you something that you just aren't seeing or concentrating on in your waking life. Only you can figure out what it means for you, but I say your mind is definitely trying to work something out.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Hell, I still dream about my high school boyfriend sometimes, and it's been five years since we were together!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I ALSO HAVE DREAMS ABOUT MY EX WHICH IS MY KIDS FATHER...AFTER 17 YEARS WE DO NOT SEE EACH OTHER ANYMORE BUT I STILL HAVE DREAMS ABOUT HIM AND IT MAKES ME CRAZY BECAUSE I DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM FOR WALKING OUT ON OUR TWO BEAUTIFUL KIDS...SO I HOPE WE ALL FIND CLOSURE TO OUR DREAMS AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• dreams are weird, and can happen for a number of reasons.

I had a dream about a year ago where a creep from my orchestra in High school was still a virgin (he'd be about 41 at that point) and I drew the short straw to have to be his first!
    DH asked me who I was taking so many showers that day, so I told him the truth.

I think he's still laughing over that one!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• maybe u have unresolved feelings about him. Maybe sit and think about if you do and why and try to resolve those feelings and see if the dreams continue after that. Our subconscious works in unusual ways.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• sounds like you are wondering what would it be like if... hey, its totally normal to wonder. everything happens for a reason though. since you both broke it off on good terms, maybe its a sign that your ex is supposed to still be a part of your life, just not as your partner. we love the people we love for many reason. my DF and i are friends with most of our exes (not the mean ones of course ) we know that our feelings for our exes are different than they were when we were with them, but we are in each others lives because we like who they are.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• When I dream about my ex, it's always that we're getting back together, too. But there's no way in reality I would.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 5:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011