My husband and I are on a weight loss journey....

We have so much weight to loose it is overwhelming. We started a blog to help us stay on task and keep us motivated. Please follow us and comment our blogs to help keep us motivated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

www.theincredibleshrinkingass.blogspot.com/2011/03/dreaded-gym-day.html

joelsmommy

Asked by joelsmommy at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I wish you the best of luck... hang in there - its great you are both doing it together.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Good Luck!!! My husband and I are on the same journey. It's been tough but well worth it!!!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Thank you so much! My husband weighs nearly 500 lbs and I am at about 300 lbs. We want so badly to have another child and be healthy for our child we already have. I was to be active and be able to actually do things everyday and not feel out of breath. I have never been more excited for anything in my entire life!
    joelsmommy

Comment by joelsmommy (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Way to go! I seriously cannot put into words how awesome that is and how proud you should be of yourselves!! My husband and I started a diet on january 3rd, 2011 and to day he has lost 44 lbs and I have lost 25lbs! We are very proud of what we've done, and the hard work pays off. Ya know people spend so much money on the fad diets and waste their time, when all it takes it genuine old fashioned hard work. People have asked me how I did it, and all I say is "healthy diet and excercise"! No catch, just the same way people have done it forever! Keep up the great work!!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Good luck!!!!!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• good luck, having you guys do it together should help too!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Congrats dear, u can do it
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 3:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My husband just got back from a 4 week stay at Duke University's weight loss program. He lost almost 30 pounds, and still has 100 to go, as do I. We are doing the Duke diet, and I am losing a little, but he has gained 2 pounds back, because he has to go to work every day instead of spending almost all day in the gym. I'm sure it will work if he just doesn't get discouraged.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Good luck!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Good luck!
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2011