Why are so many kids wanting to take illegal drugs or get drunk!

Why are so many kids wanting to take illegal drugs or get drunk or harm themselfs!

babyboomer1977

Asked by babyboomer1977 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• curiosity, peer pressure, boredome, depression, rebellion, etc., etc., etc.
    Anonymous

• Same reason they did in the 60's-70's when I was growing up: experimentation, to be cool, to get along, to self medicate, to escape life/reality, for fun, for adventure,.........etc.. an just about any other reason an individual can use as their reasoning/justification for such behaviours.

Drug/Alcohol use is no more rampant today than they were back then. It's just publicized more today and used more on 24/7 news networks as "news" to fill in all those hours of air time.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• kids have been experimenting with drugs and alcohol as long as there have been drugs, alcohol and kids. I think our world is just more plugged in and you hear of it way more than in the 60's when you had to just watch the news at 6 pm to find out what was going on in the world.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I dont' think it is more now then it was back in the day. I had no one to talk too or turn too I was 13 getting drunk and smoking weed, my dad worked all the time, and my mom was sick. My friend had a single mom, most of my friends did except my one friend had both parents they were very strict, that is why I believe she did her dirt. So too each child there is a diffrent reason.

It is just more open and spoken about then it ever was....

We need too find a way to help them, peer pressure, feeling ignored, some kids have mental illness that parents pass off as bad behaivor when it reality they need help....

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• because there is really nothing else for them to do...our society is crap...Our children really need prayers that they will do the right things in life and not turn and go the wrong path....
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011