Cause for concern?

My boyfriend and I have the type of relationship where we rarely fight and lately we've been disagreeing just a little more. Is this cause for concern? I say no but I'm curious what other women who have been in longer relationships think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• arguments will happen...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• DONT WORRY BUT JUST KEEP AN EYE ON WHAT YOU ARGUE ABOUT AND HOW MUCH YOU ARGUE OVER THE SAME THING...GOOD LUCK
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It's bound to happen. lena695, hit the nail on the head with her advice.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I've been with my husband for 14 years, married for almost 12.
    we don't fight or disagree much either. for whatever reason we've had a few disagreements during the past 3 weekends, (not ALL weekend but there was at least one disagreement each weekend) when I showed concern about us fighting so much at my health club to a few ladies I knew, they laughed!
    Said that they consider it a miracle if they got through one day without fighting with their husbands!

Depends on those involved. My DH practically never raises his voice, I think he has maybe 10 times since I met him.

If there is a married couple that never fights, I'd like to meet this couple! I think it happens with everyone from time to time.
    Anonymous

• How long have you been together? I've been about 5.5 years with my SO and we've never had a "fight" - we've disagreed about things but it never escalates into a fight - we either agree to disagree or we resolve it. He's never called me a name or been disrespectful in any way. When you are with someone over any period of time, you are going to disagree - it's how you handle those disagreements not how many you have. totally agree with Lena695.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We've been together almost a year and a half. Sometimes when he comes home from work he seems agitated so I ask what's wrong and he says nothing, then seems to get annoyed that I ask. And he said that I should take some things he says at face value vs. reading in to them. That's pretty much the extent of them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• maybe nothing is wrong. or at least it isnt to concern you (though im sure him being upset does concern you, just dont think it has anything to do with you) if it is just after work and in the mornings when he goes to work, then help him unwind and get ready to face the day with bright expectations. help by making breakfast, laying out his work clothes, making him lunch, making coffee, then enjoy breakfast together. when he gets home, help him unwind, ask if he would like a massage and go for the feet and shoulders. make idle relaxing talk, but stay away from work related topics till he brings them up.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think it's a sign you're getting more comfortable with each other and you feel it's safe to disagree. I would view it as a positive (unless they're knock down drag outs).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• They definitely aren't:).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011