When you "fell in love" with your child(or children).....

After my son was born, I didn't get that surge of "mommy love" that people talk about all the time. That didn't really hit me until about a month after my son was born. (I am NOT saying that I didn't love my son when he was born, I'm just saying it didn't feel the way people describe it right at that moment) Mostly all I felt when he was born was relief and peace (he was a c-section baby, and by the time he was born I had already spent 3 days in the hospital trying to be induced b/c of my blood pressure).

How did you feel when your kid(s) were born?

PhoenixsMommy10

Asked by PhoenixsMommy10 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had a c-section and I think it really hit me when I was finally alone with him. I got to see him within an hour of him being born but I was still shaking from the meds and still in a room full of nurses and docors. It was all ver overwhelming. But once I had him to myself....it was all over for me.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 5:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I was hit immediately with the love, but the whole fact that I was the creator of this beautiful product didn't happen until she was a few months old.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• The minute he was thrown on my chest I started bawling because I knew from that moment on I would never let any harm come to him. It was instant for me but I have friends that it took awhile for them to get those feelings
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I "loved" him the moment I realized he was growing inside me but when I first held him I was scared to even look at first. I think every other emotion hit before that "omg this is the most beautiful creature ever" feeling did but I did feel connected to him right away after that.
    Anonymous

• The first time I heard his heart beat I started to feel extremely attached and the first time I felt him move it really hit me that I actually had a baby growing inside me. I didn't feel the overwhelming flood of love until the first time I nursed him.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• it took a while for the lovey dovey feeling to sink in
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i loved her a week before i knew i was pregnant (i knew was, just not positive) I felt like we had a connection before i even met her.

My mom says she felt that way with me, but not my sister. To this day, they are not close....weird....i guess some parents can bond more with one child than the other.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• They had to practically pry my son away from me!! I fell in love with him instantly, I think it was because of the relationship we had while i was pregnant..

k.stark

Answer by k.stark at 12:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Didn't cry during labor or delivery but when I heard them cry the flood gates were open.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It took me a month or so to feel that "extreme mommy love"
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011