My niece took me off as a facebook friend, what should I do?

My mom who is sick could not attend her grandaughter's son's christening out of state so grandaughter posted pics on facebook. On one pic she posted my three favorite ladies ever which was my 2 sils ,and her grandmother on her mother's side of the family.My brother noticed and told my mom about how tacky she was to post that pic but he never commented on the pics. I commented on the album so then she was told to knock off on the my three favorite ladies ever comment. SO she assumed it was me and took me off as a facebook friend! What should I do? I did not even know she took me off until my mom told me to check to see what she did with the pics. She has always disrespected my mom , my mom but now she has dissed me. I did not even tell my mom, what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe she was looking for a opportunity to take you off.
    I had a problem with a relative when it came to myspace. I wrote a lot of blogs.
    If I mentioned my blogs around her husband she would make comments like 'oh, did you post a blog? I never read it' then I would get calls and emails from her giving me the what for because she thought I was talking about her.

So one the opportunity arose I took her off the friends list so I wouldn't have to worry about her.
    She's mentioned that She's not on my friends list on face book and I just responded 'you are correct' because there is no way in heck I will ever put her on the friends list of another social site as long as I live!

I don't put more relatives on my friends list on these sites just because it causes issues like this.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry this question isn't clear, who exactly posted the pics? your mom? why would she post pics like this because she couldn't attend a christening?

"she was told to knock off on the my three favorite ladies ever comment. " so you made a comment then someone told your mom not to post anymore comments?

"SO she assumed it was me and took me off as a facebook friend! " if someone makes a comment on facebook, isn't their screen named attached to it? why is there any question as to who posted the comment?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• What was your comment on her pics? If you're upset you should call her and talk it out.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 12:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i wouldn't care it sounds like some childish crap to me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Talk to her and straighten it out if it is that important to you. I personally don't care what people's reasons are for unfriending me on facebook.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My brother noticed first. He did not comment but he told my mom that she wrote that tacky caption on her pic. I on the other hand did not even comment on that pic either. I just put smiley faces on other pics on that album and she assumed it was me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• So she took me off as a fb friend. Mind you she is 30 years old!!!!
    Anonymous

• It is childish. But this niece of mine needs to learn how to respect people and not act so snobby and holier than thou. I really do not care but she needs to learn some manners and she took me off and so no more gifts or envelopes because I do not need the disrespect .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ya communication is always the best policy
    sweetamgurl2011

Answer by sweetamgurl2011 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Some people aren't fond of comments made on pics on FB.Give her a call and talk things out. Let her know family is important and should stick together. Remind her of your mothers age and heath issues and how much she wanted to attend. You mention her age, its time for everyone to give up the petty behavior, be nice, she will come around.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011