My water didn't break.

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and I had sex last night and my water didn't break, I want to see my baby LOL maybe i didnt have sex the right way? any tips on ways my water can break

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 12:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i'm surprised your doc didn't tell you 2/3 of women's water don't break on their own. orgasm is supposed to start contractions and sperm helps dilation. water breaking doesn't happendfrom sex and 90% of the time labor starts with contractions, not your water breaking
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• You are only 38 weeks - LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE!!!!

And some women NEVER have their water break naturally. I have 4 children, 3 pregnancies and my membranes were so thick they had to manually break my water. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• OMG< this is crazy and dangerous when it is ready it will break, and if it don't that is up to a doctor to decide if she/he needs to break it.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I went into labor at 40 weeks and my water still didn't break. They had to break it for me about 6 hours in.
    Anonymous

• You have to get up there pretty far to break your water. I wouldn't even bother trying. Just let it happen on its own.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• with my first my water was broken in the hospital to induce, with my second, it broke about 6 hours into labor at the hospital... we had sex to induce, but that doesn't mean it is going to break your water.... it will break when its ready... but pay attention to those contractions, sometimes they mean more!
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 12:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't think sex can break your water. Unless your husband has an extreeeeeemely long penis.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Don't be getting impatient at 38 weeks - pregnancy is supposed to last 40!
    That said, labor does not always start with water breaking, and forcing it to break won't always work. Labor will start when your baby's good and ready to come out, and it'll go in whatever order it damn well pleases.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011