Would you consider this spoiling or a labor of love?

My husb is the youngest of 9 children, so I can see why his mom didnt have time to do this. But to me it's no big deal. My dau likes it when I cut the crust off the bread when I make her a sandwich. It only takes a minute- no big deal right? Well, hubby thinks I'm spoiling her by doing this. REALLY?! What do you think? Do you do it for your children?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's not spoiling her, just showing her you love her :) I do it for my little prince and we save the crusts for a week then crumble them up and feed the birds outside :) Its a ritual we both love and nothing is wasted :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I don't do it because it is wasteful but I don't think it is 'spoiling' a child for parents who do.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If your child is old enough to make their own sandwich - it is spoiling.

So this is off subject but if your child is old enough to cook is it spoiling to make them dinner every night? That makes no sense to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My daughter likes bread crust.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My DD doesn't like the crust either so i do it for her. I don't think its spoiling.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think it is wasteful too, so I don't do it either, but I do not think it is spoiling her. I use a dino sandwich cutter, which takes as long as cutting off the crusts and don't think I am spoiling my children.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I never liked the bread crust when I was little either. Once in awhile my mom or grandma would cut it off for me if they thought about it I guess. I always thought it was so nice of them when they did that. When they didnt do it..I just tore it off myself. I didn't feel like I was spoiled just because they took the crusts off,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I dont think its spoiling at all i do it for my son so i know its not just left sitting there when hes done b/c he doesnt like (but he doesnt get many sandwichs as it is)
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If it's something that you don't have a problem doing, and she doesn't flip out if you happen to NOT do it once in a while, I think it's fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My hubby thinks the same way. However I'm such a picky eater myself (ie. my foods can't touch each other on the plate) that I feel a person (little or big) should have their meal the way they'd like to eat it. Wouldn't you?
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2011