Who else is experiencing a rise in tuition?

Tom Corbett, the governor Pennsylvania threatened to cut over 50% of four big universities, mine included. I think I heard our tuition could rise by 15% making it extremely difficult for me to pay. Is anyone else experiencing this where they live?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in

• It's been happening for ages in California. Even the Community Colleges are looking at a bump up to $36 per credit.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I know Auburn University raised their tuition because they built new dorms and a new coliseum for their basketball team. Thank God, it's DH's last semester there.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• In Wisconsin, the governor cut one of the major state universities from the UW system and is beginning to cut another one to make them independent. Also, UW tuition is going up 25% while state financial aid is going down.

My tuition is going from about $5000 a year to $10,000 a year because I am going to a private college in June.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• unfortunately everyone suffers when tuition increases.
    I'd like to know why books are so pricey and why do their values decrease so much at the end of the semester?
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• it goes up every year
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• University of utah is school is becoming way too expensive
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• it goes up every year
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:30 PM on May. 20, 2011