How sad is this?

My dau lost a tooth yesterday, & keeping w/ tradition, put it under her pillow for the Tooth Fairy. Then she procedes to tell me some of her (3rd grade) classmates dont believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy, but they do believe in "Chucky" and the Boogie Man. How sad is that?!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I guess their parents don't want their kids to be kids. It's one thing if a kid figures that out for themselves, but if they are told something isn't real just because the parents think it's stupid, then yes, that is pretty sad..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• ok my kid knows about santa but were not doing the tooth fair or the easter bunny but the chucky stuff is just crazy
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We don't teach our Children about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny for religious purposes. Not at that stage yet, but don't know what we'll do about the Tooth Fairy. I do think it's horrible though that some kids are taught to believe in these horrible "Monsters" but not in harmless childhood figures.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I think it's very sad... I know it is harder these days for kids to believe in santa and stuff because tv is telling them it's not real all the time, even cartoons and kid shows talk about it... but I def would not be letting my 3rd grader watch chuckie... I mean to each their own, but why show that to your child?
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 12:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• That's really sad! My oldest is 8 and she doesn't know about those scary things, and still believes in Santa and the Tooth Fairy, at least for now. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• We don't do the tooth fairy any more for my older 3 kids. They are in 2nd, 3rd and 5th grades. Seemed silly to keep up the charade when it was obvious I was the one giving them the money, plus the older 2 realized it was fake. They didn't care as long as they got their $1. But since I have a 5yo who hasn't lost a tooth yet I came up with the rule that the tooth fairy must stop coming once you are 8.
    My kids have never seen Chucky but they know what it is and think it's real. Don't think they believe in the Easter bunny since I've never tried to hide that I'm the one doing the baskets and eggs. They supposedly believe in Santa. Shrug.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Some parents feel those traditional stories are like lying to your kids. Their kids are told a fable is a fable. I see nothing wrong with that, hoping of course the kids are told not to crush another childs dreams. Everyone parents different I have no issues with either.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• creepy!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I keep telling my kids chucky is fake so is santa and tooth fairy. They still don't believe me about santa n tFairy.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2011