What are some of the double standards you have experienced??

I was watching the show Shameless and they were going to a Purity Ball and the mom asked the dad if they had any for boys and the dad then asked "Why would they?"

Honestly if I had a boy, I would react the same way to him as I would to my daughter about teenage sex/pregnancy.

What are some other double standards out there?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• way to many!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• lol heres a great one, i took my dd to get sneakers with her father last friday( I was honest with SO before I picked up DD's father), my SO freaked out yet he took his ex to a wedding in november behind my back
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I have both boys & girls- and while they are each different in their own right, I parent them the same. I have the same expectations for all my children, regardless of being a boy or girl. I want them to grow up respecting members of the opposite sex. There is no job that is just for boys or just for girls. (That includes household chores- although I seem to be the only one doing the laundry around here!) I think that dad was out of line, & just asking for grandchildren too soon by having that type of attitude. He should remember that a teenage boy can impregnate several girls! (I've seen it happen!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Personally, I am sick of hearing how bad teen moms and single moms are, but I never hear anything about dads.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2011