I Want To Adopt A Child

I would love to adopt, but my husband was put in jail when he was a teenager for MIP's and DWI's. He's completely different now though. We have a son already and he is a wonderful dad. Will his record affect the adoption process??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Adoption

• it mit affect it i dunno i would call them up and find out and go from there
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Felonys, any crime having to do with children can prevent you from adopting. But it all depends on the TYPE of crime and how long ago it was. Contact a local social worker or adoption attorney to discuss the specifics.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Aren't juvenile records sealed? I think they are, and in that case it shouldn't be a problem.
    joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 7:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You would probably run into issues with adoption through social services, depending on how long ago the convictions were and how many of them he has.
    adoptionsc

Answer by adoptionsc at 8:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2008