I Want To Adopt A Child

I would love to adopt, but my husband was put in jail when he was a teenager for MIP's and DWI's. He's completely different now though. We have a son already and he is a wonderful dad. Will his record affect the adoption process??

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Adoption

• it mit affect it i dunno i would call them up and find out and go from there

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Felonys, any crime having to do with children can prevent you from adopting. But it all depends on the TYPE of crime and how long ago it was. Contact a local social worker or adoption attorney to discuss the specifics.

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Aren't juvenile records sealed? I think they are, and in that case it shouldn't be a problem.

Answer by joy2bamom at 7:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You would probably run into issues with adoption through social services, depending on how long ago the convictions were and how many of them he has.

Answer by adoptionsc at 8:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2008