In the bible it says that you should forgive adultery seventy seven times do you believe it?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• No...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i don't remember that, but if it does, then no.... my hubby and i have a very good relationship. We have talked about how we can work through anything... except cheating. Neither of us are willing to be ok with us being with other people. We are no where near jealous people, but I won't share him with another woman ... and I'm glad he doesn't want to share me either. Maybe if the situation where to arise I would feel different... but if he wants some he can come home and get it :)
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• were does it say this at
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• no
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• all i remember is that the only way you should get a divorce is for adultery or death.
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I can't find the passage... I read it on line about the woman that was caught cheating and how she was forgiven then it says infidelity should be forgiven seventy times seven times
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• wow thats weird my husband looked at me crazy when i read him this lol
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Anyone who forgives someone 77 times for cheating (male or female) is a FOOL!!! Sorry if I offend anyone, but its true.
    Once, maybe (not me)... but 77 times - you deserve it then!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• where does it say that?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• this is what i found on another site its got a whole list of things under adultery "God desires that we forgive each other, even of the most gregarious sin. Peter questioned the Lord on this in Matthew 18:21-22: "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked,'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered,'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2011