I'm curious to see out this goes.

I was watching Glee with my dad last night. If you watch it you would know about the romance between the two guys on there. Well, the show made a daring move to show the two kiss. Me personally, I'm fine with it and if my four year old was watching I would even think about covering her eyes. But my dad responded negatively, as most men would/do. He said how it was wrong and disgusting and I couldn't help but laugh. He said he's trying to watch quality T.V and it's a family show. All I had to say was what's the difference between my daughter watching that and watching the proposal between Brad and Emily on the Bachelor? They kissed way more then the guys did on Glee and I didn't bother to restrict my daughter from that so why would I with a kiss between to men or women? How do you feel about two men kissing on network television? Would you have restricted your child from seeing it?

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm gonna just be a looker on this question. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Wiat, you mean he didn't say anything about the Previous episodes where the girls were kissing each other but he commented on the guys kissing each other? HA hypocrite, though it's a "typical" reaction. Frankly it doesn't bother me.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• No, I wouldn't necessarily restrict my child from watching it. I think that you strongly instill in your child whatever values you want them to exemplify and hope for the best. I also think that you have to create tolerance by letting them know that other people may have different beliefs and values.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I didn't watch the last episode but know him he would have. :)
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• It is not a "family" show. It has a rating of TV-14.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• If my child is old enough to stay up and watch that show then my child already knows about all of that kind of stuff anyway! So I would not restrict my child form watching a show based on that. I do not care if networks show kissing of any nature. My children will be taught appropriately according to our beliefs as well as being informed about others views, no matter what is on tv.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Well if your kids are that age then it is. It's not a show I don't mind my four year old hearing, I saying hearing because she wouldn't sit down to watch it because it's not a cartoon or the Upside Down show.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Good question!! Guess I'll answer =)...I do not have a four year old but I do have a 22 month old daughter. If it were ME and my daughter was four she would not be watching anything that was not child friendly or kid age appropriate. There would have been no Glee or Bachelor. Children are impressionable so that is why I say those two particular shows would have been excluded. Even now that my daughter is 22 months whatever my S/O and I decide to watch with my daughter are shows that we find kid appropriate for our household. Two men kissing doesn't phase me anymore than a man and woman kissing neither is okay for my kid to see on tv at 4.┬áBut if your cool with her seeing it that's okay!
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i see nothing wrong with two men or two women kissing on network television, its no different than a man or a woman kissing on network television. as for my kids watching it, they normally are not up at that time, but no i would not have a problem if they saw it, odds are they would have the same reaction they do when watching a movie that has a kiss in it (my 7yr old is unfazed, and my 6yr old thinks all kissing is gross).
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My daughter wasn't up at that point of the night but we do DVR a lot of things and watch them during the day and on occasion my daughter will stay up a little later with me but the little crapper still wakes up at 7:30 :).
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2011